It really is simple: without customers, your business will fail. However, quite a few companies tend to forget about their clients as soon as the sale is completed. This is one of the major mistakes that businesses are making right now; you spent all that time and effort converting a lead to a customer, so why would you suddenly forget about them?
Customer service is more than just the helping hand you provide before the transaction is completed. It also refers to the relationship that continues to grow and mold both during the point of sale as well as after that sale has been made. In addition to developing a strong relationship with your current buyer, great customer service will allow you to make a great first impression for potential new customers.
The Importance of Customer Service
When you are committed to providing a high level of customer service, you show your buyers that you actually care about and appreciate their business. Other added benefits include:
- Increased consumer loyalty. This means that buyers are much more likely to repeat purchases in the future.
- A perceived lower amount of risk by your potential customers. They know if there is a problem, you will do what it takes to make things right.
- Brand new customers. You can thank your current satisfied buyers for this (word-of-mouth).
Improving Your Current Customer Service
You may think that the customer service methods that you currently employ are sufficient enough, but keep in mind that there is always room for improvement. Be sure to keep these actions in mind to ensure that you are always putting the customer first:
- Listen to the customer – Whether it’s a compliment, a complaint or even a return, be sure to be receptive with what your customers are saying. There may be an issue with your product that you don’t know about, and your buyers may have some great ideas for how to improve your current ways—and they would provide great feedback considering they are the ones that are using your product or service!
- Admit your mistakes, and always make things right – One company that is considered one of the best at customer service is Amazon, and the reason for that is that they admit when they make a mistake. Additionally, when there is an issue that arises, Amazon makes sure that you (the customer) are satisfied with the fix, whether that is in the form of a replacement item or a percentage off of a future purchase. Spending a little more money now to fix a problem could pay big dividends in the future.
- Go above and beyond – This is an aspect of business that widely goes untapped, but you’ll find that the best companies throughout the United States do this. Your customers expect a basic transaction to go through and will be satisfied if there are no hiccups in the process. However, if you do something to go above and beyond, they will be even more satisfied and likely to refer your company to their friends. A simple follow-up call about how they feel about their new purchase shows that you are truly thankful for their business and concerned about their satisfaction.
Interested in working at Production Paint? Contact us today to see all of the positions we currently have available!